How to Order
We specialize in bareroot trees! This means our main sale season is spring, specifically late March to late May (we typically shut down cold storage at/around May 24). By the end of May, plants should be in the ground to ensure a full, healthful growing season. However, the earlier you plant the better (a little snow is no problem for dormant plants): the more spring rain your trees receive, the less watering you will have to do later in summer!
We do have a small sale season in fall for apples and pears only, since some other species are a little more tender and do better with a season of growth to establish roots before they overwinter.
How to order bareroot plants, in quantities between 1-59 plants
1) Know what you want: do a little research (see our page "How to Grow Fruit Trees", or take Susan Poizner's course here) to learn what bareroot trees look like, how to plant them and where, etc. Fruit trees and perennial plants are an investment, and it really pays off to do it right the first time!
2) Order through our website, and feel free to phone or email us if you have any questions. Once you fill your cart, you can complete your order by either paying immediately via credit/debit card or online payment services such as Paypal, or selecting pay later if you wish to pay upon pick-up, send an e-transfer, etc. You are welcome to make your payment anytime between placing the order and picking it up or prior to shipping in spring.
3) Upon confirming your order, you will receive an invoice through email with a four (4) digit invoice number. If the invoice is a draft, indicated by a 'D' in front of the number, you order is not confirmed and have likely missed the payment step outlined above! Once your order is confirmed, we will prepare it in early spring.
Note: Try as we might to have 100% accurate inventory counts. Inevitably things happen, either due to a miscount, a breakage, or change in size or rootstock. In the event something about your order must change, we will contact you and work out an alternative solution. Changes due to short stock on our end are exempt from any fees as described below in the 'Changing Your Order Once it is Confirmed' section.
Orders for Shipping
In March, we will send out a reminder notice with our prognosis for the season and estimated ship dates. We ship orders primarily by considering the weather forecast in your area and secondarily on a first come first serve basis.
Orders for Pick Up
In mid-March we hope to begin notifying local orders that their order is ready for pick up. We pick and process orders on a first come first serve basis. Please wait for your notification before stopping in, as there may be details and requirements that are subject to change regarding the pandemic.
Changing Your Order Once it is Confirmed
Unfortunately, once your order has been confirmed, we cannot change it. It gets too complicated for our small staff to keep up with these changes. Should you wish to add items to your order, you are welcome to place a second order then email or phone us so we can connect them when possible and package them together for easy pick-up or shipping. Quantity discounts are calculated per individual order, not per total orders.
Regretfully, we can't remove items from an order once it has been confirmed. If you wish to alter an order and have not paid, contact us to cancel the order and then you can re-create it how you want. If you wish to alter an order and have paid via credit card, a 5% fee will be applied to cover the credit card fees on our end; then we can cancel the order and you can re-create it how you wish.
Cancelling Your Order
To cancel you order, phone or email us. If your order has not been processed (in February we begin processing orders) and has not been paid, we can simply cancel the order.
If you have paid via credit card, a 5% fee will be applied to cover the credit card charges on our end, but the remainder of the order will be refunded and the order cancelled.
If you paid via e-transfer, cheque, or cash, and we have not begun processing the order, we will refund the order fully and cancel it.
If we have begun processing the order and you wish to cancel, a $25 restocking fee will be applied along with the credit card fee if applicable.
For orders that qualify for the 15-20% quantity discount and wholesale orders, we request that customers avoid paying via credit card if possible since the charges do add up significantly.
How to Order Wholesale Bareroot Plants
1) Email or phone us for pricing and availability. We are happy to answer any questions as well; we have two experimental orchards, one acre each, and are more than happy to assist you and share our resources in any way we can.
2) Once we let you know what is available, you must order at least 60 trees/plants in quantities of at least ten per your selected varieties to qualify for wholesale pricing.
3) Upon confirming your order, please provide a 25% deposit of the subtotal, before tax and shipping, to hold your order.
4) In spring (or fall), we will be in touch with any adjustments and to arrange a pick-up/shipping time.
We look forward to providing you with quality fruit and nut trees, berry bushes, and more! Grown with only organic inputs, for a sustainable food future!