How do I set up a pre-order for Fall 2022 and/or Spring 2023?
We specialize in bareroot trees! This means our main sale season is spring, specifically late March to late May (we typically shut down cold storage on/around May 24th). By the end of May, plants should be in the ground to ensure a full, healthful growing season. However, the earlier you plant the better (a little snow is no problem for dormant plants): the more spring rain your trees receive, the less watering you will have to do later in summer!
We do have a small sale season in fall for apples and pears only, since some other species are a little more tender and do better with a season of growth to establish roots before they overwinter.
We are happy to start accepting preorders for either season as early as September and will accept new orders for Fall until Oct. 15th and for Spring until the May 24 weekend.
HOW TO PRE-ORDER:
In an effort to reduce inventory errors, this year we will be setting up Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 preorders manually until we have dug and graded our trees and are able to put the final inventory online. The website will be updated sometime in November with inventory numbers.
If you are planning on placing a pre-order, we would recommend following these steps:
1. Peruse our website and/or request a catalogue to see what we will have available for the upcoming sales seasons. Our pricelist can be downloaded here for reference.
- Please keep in mind that the only trees available for Fall 2022 are apples and pears and all of our plants will be available for Spring 2023.
2. If you are new to fruit trees and other plants, read through our ‘Before You Order’ section of the FAQ for general information on selecting a plant that is right for you. It is not a bad idea to check out some other sections like ‘Planting Care’ and ‘Pollination’ as well!
3. Once you know what you are interested in, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 519-804-6060 to set up an order. If possible, email is preferred. The following information would be helpful if provided:
- What varieties of plants you are interested in (including rootstock for fruit trees) and how many
- Whether is is a Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 preorder if you are ordering only apples and/or pears
- If you would prefer to have your plants shipped to you or if you would like to pick them up from us
- Your address and phone number (in case the courier needs to contact you) if you want your plants shipped and have not ordered from us before or have changed your shipping address
Some general things to keep in mind:
We will be grading our plants after they are dug so all trees will be sold as 1m+ Whips and all berries and seedlings as 1 Year Bareroot plants. If you would prefer a different grade, let us know and we will make note of that on your order. Once we know the grades of our plants, we will adjust your order accordingly.
We have a smaller number of pears and stone fruits this year than expected so some varieties may be unavailable despite being listed in the catalogue and on the website.