Coldy-Hardy Fruits and Nuts by Allyson Levy and Scott Serrano
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $44.95 Sale
Cold-Hardy Fruits and Nuts is a one-stop compendium of the most productive, edible fruit-and nut-bearing crops that push the boundaries of what can survive winters in cold-temperate growing regions. While most nurseries and guidebooks feature plants that are riddled with pest problems, veteran growers and founders of the Hortus Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, Allyson Levy and Scott Serrano, focus on both common and unfamiliar fruits that have few, if any, pest or disease problems and an overall higher level of resilience.
Inside Cold-Hardy Fruits and Nuts you’ll find:
- Taste profiles for all fifty hardy fruits and nuts, with notes on harvesting and uses
- Plant descriptions and natural histories
- Recommended cultivars, both new and classic
- Propagation methods for increasing plants
- Nut profiles including almonds, chestnuts, walnuts, and pecans
- Fertilization needs and soil/site requirements
- And much more!